CONTEND.AD

Saturday 28 March 2015

SAY NO O DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: MAY D'S BABY MAMA DEBOLA TELLS HER STORY

My name is Debola I’m sure you know who I am, you put me on ur blog about 3yrs ago, for tattooing a Nigerian artist name on my body, I’m MayD’s baby Mama… I haven’t come here to rant or make noise, but to say some important things that I feel people should know. I will try to make my story as short as possible.

I was with MayD for 8years, which implies we were together from the get-go, before his career began and when nobody knew him obviously. For many years I stayed with him, obviously as his girlfriend, I supported him, financially, physically and emotionally. Back then, when I was in Babcock we passed through loads of hurdles together being that he was struggling and incapable of providing for himself and I was obliged to supporting him financially. Even when it was extreme, like giving him a semester’s tuition to pay for studio sessions while I stupidly stayed at home, the things we do for love right?I practically paused my life for him, for us at a point. The sad part about this whole thing is that I never got tired I did everything that was within my reach. He stopped to cater for his kid a while ago, which I took responsibilities for and started to do diligently..


Now, like most relationships we had major problems which included the frequent cheating  and escapades with girls which I obviously endured as I was consumed by the “main chick” title. Not that I was even getting any good thing in return,  he never for one day acknowledge me or made me feel like we were in a relationship together. I had no simple freedom to do whatsoever on my own, be it business, friendship etc.

The thing I couldn’t cope with was the fact that he beat me up at every slightest opportunity he had, he beats me up like a man, he beat me up so badly in front of our little boy all the time. He assaulted me regularly, I suffered domestic violence in silence, and this last time he beat me up so badly and I passed out.. I saw my life flash right in front of me. I witnessed been close to death, I prayed to survive each time he pounced on me, damaging several properties nd breaking diff stuff on my head.

This had to be my last experience, as I thought to myself, who will take care of my child for me if I die in his hands? Who will he call mother? Who will stand by him? So I left the relationship hurriedly without thinking of how much time, energy, resources that must have been wasted….

PS( I av my tattoo removed already for those of you that want to comment bullshit)……
PLS SAY NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE….


DEBOLA

No comments:

Post a Comment